WIN FUEL CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- 1. CONTEST PERIOD, SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR. The “Win Fuel Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Mac’s Convenience Stores Inc. and Couche-Tard Inc. (collectively, the “Sponsor”) and is administrated by 612 Creative Inc. (the “Administrator”). The Contest begins on May 24, 2022 at 12:01:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and ends on September 12, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The clock used by the Sponsor and the Administrator to compute Entries (as defined below) will be the official clock to determine the date and time of receipt of an Entry.
- 2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba , Northwest Territories (the “Western Region”) and Ontario (the “Central Region”) who at the time of entry: (i) have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence; or (ii) are sixteen (16) years of age or older, but under the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence (each, a “Minor”) and have permission from their parent/legal guardian who has agreed, on such Minor’s behalf and on his/her own behalf, that each of them will be bound by these Rules. The following persons are not eligible to win a Prize (as defined below): officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and/or representatives of the Sponsor and the Administrator and their respective affiliates or related companies, advertising agencies, licensees, franchisees, partners, retailers, distributors, Prize suppliers and/or any other party related to the Contest. Also, any member of the immediate family of the persons mentioned in this section and any person living with them under the same roof (whether or not a member of their immediate family) are not eligible to win a Prize. The term “immediate family” means fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, children, husbands, wives or spouses of the persons mentioned in this section, regardless of where they live. The Contest is not open and void where prohibited by law.
- 3. AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND. By participating in this Contest, each entrant (and, if a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to be bound by (i) these Rules; and, (ii) all decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final in all respects.
- 4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Eligible entrants may receive bonus entries (each, a “BONUS ENTRY” and collectively, the “BONUS ENTRIES”) by completing one of the two (2) methods of entry outlined below:
- (1) IN-STORE ENTRY
Between July 19, 2022 and September 12, 2022, purchase fuel from a participating Circle K store and visit the Contest Website and complete the optional bonus entry section by uploading a picture of your eligible fuel transaction and complete all mandatory fields of the Entry Form then click on the “Submit” button. You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest for each eligible fuel transaction receipt entered per day (each an “In-Store Entry” and collectively, the “In-Store Entries”). Limit: One (1) In-Store Entry per Day per person.
- (2) NO PURCHASE ENTRY
To enter without purchase, write to us with your name, full address, city, province, telephone number (with area code), date of birth and email address and tell us, in at least 50 words, why you would like to win fuel (each a “Submission”). Each Submission must be original and substantively different, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Send us your Submission by mail indicating “Win Fuel Contest - No Purchase Entry Request” to the following address: 768 Columbia Street, #204, New Westminster, BC, V3M 1B4. You will receive one (1) entry for each eligible Submission received by the Sponsor (each a “No Purchase Entry” and collectively, the “No Purchase Entries”). All No Purchase Entries must be post-marked between July 19, 2022 and September 12, 2022 and received during the Contest Period. Limit: one (1) No Purchase Entry per Day per person.
The entrant must submit each Entry personally. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Email Account Holder of the email address used to enter the Contest. “Authorized Email Account Holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by the internet access provider, the online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning the email address account. You may participate in the Contest ONLY using the email address for which you are the Authorized Email Account Holder. An eligible Prize (as defined below) winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized E-mail Account Holder associated with the email address. By submitting an email address, you represent and warrant that you are the Authorized Email Account Holder. You shall be responsible and liable to the Sponsor for any damages and other losses incurred by them as a result of your submission of any email address for which you are not the Authorized Email Account Holder. The Sponsor reserves the right to: i) request documentation, from any entrant at any time, proving that they are the Authorized Email Account Holder; and ii) suspend any entrant at any time until they can provide such proof. The entrant must submit each Entry personally. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. No automated/robotic entry devices and/or programs are permitted, and any attempted form of entry other than what is specified herein is prohibited. Any attempt to earn extra Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified from the Contest. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered, or tampered with in any way.
The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undelivered, invalid unintelligible, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, damaged, stolen, or destroyed Entries. These Entries will be declared null and ineligible for the Contest and will be refused at the time of the draw.
- 5. PRIZES. The following prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) are available to be won during the Contest Period:
Average Retail Value (“ARV”)
Circle K Gift Card
Visa Gift Card
The Prizes and their components shall be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted for another prize or exchanged, in whole or in part, for money, unless otherwise agreed to by the Sponsor and the Administrator. The Sponsor and the Administrator reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if they are unable to award any Prize as described. The Sponsor and the Administrator disclaim any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied by fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality and condition, except where prohibited by law. Any other costs or expenses associated not specifically described above will be the responsibility of selected winners.
The Sponsor and the Administrator, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to: (i) substitute all or any portion of the Prizes with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value; (ii) limit the number of Prizes awarded to the same person, mobile phone number, email address, or physical address; and (iii) modify the Prizes, associated quantities and award schedule at any time during the Contest. Under no circumstances will the Sponsor and the Administrator be responsible for awarding any items in excess of the Prizes and their respective quantities as listed above. Prizes may be different from the pictures shown in the Contest’s promotional materials. Each Prize may also be subject to additional terms and conditions.
- 6. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Draws will be conducted each month during the Contest Period as detailed below to select Prize winners:
Prize Draw Dates
May 24 to June 20
June 27, 2022
June 21 to July 18
July 25, 2022
July 19 to August 15
August 22, 2022
August 16 to September 12
September 19, 2022
Prize draws as listed above will occur at approximately 1:00 p.m. ET in New Westminster BC. The Administrator will randomly select four eight (8) eligible winners, 4 in Western Canada, 4 in Central from among all eligible Entries received during the applicable draw period. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received at the time of each draw and the number of Prizes allocated to your region. Limit: one (1) Prize per person and household during the Contest Period.
The Administrator will make up to three (3) attempts to contact the selected entrants by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days following the draw. If the selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or five (5) business days of being selected (whichever occurs first); or (ii) there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then the selected entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible Entries received. If time permits, the process noted above will be repeated up to three (3) times, until a selected entrant has been contacted and the Grand Prize has been awarded or there are no eligible Entries remaining.
- 7. PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS. To be declared a winner and be awarded a Prize, the selected entrant must: (i) respond to the selection notification within the time period described above; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered at a mutually agreed upon time; and (iii) otherwise comply with these Rules. As a condition of being declared a winner, the selected entrant may also be required to do any or all of the following: (i) supply proof of age consisting of a legible photocopy of either a provincially issued driver’s license or other government issued identification; (ii) supply proof of address consisting of a legible photocopy of either a provincially issued driver’s license or other government issued identification, (iii) supply proof that they are the Authorized Email Account Holder associated with the selected email address, and (iv) sign and return a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”). The Release Form (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules and acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded without substitution; (ii) releases the Sponsor, the Administrator, their respective affiliated and related companies, the prize suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with this Contest, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iii) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness, without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor and the Administrator in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet. The Release Form must be received by the Sponsor and/or, as applicable, the Administrator within the time period indicated on the Release Form. The Sponsor, the Administrator, and their respective agents assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, late, or otherwise void Release Forms.
Declining the Prize, failing to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, failing to return the properly executed Release Form within the time period indicated on the Release Form or otherwise failing to comply with these Rules will cause the Prize to be forfeited and a new random draw held in accordance with the process for the applicable Prize, as described above.
In most cases, Prizes will be delivered to winners at the address submitted in the Release Form within four (4) to eight (8) weeks of receiving their correctly completed documentation. The Sponsor and the Administrator are not responsible for contacting or forwarding Prizes to winners who leave unclear or incomplete information, or for Prizes lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed while in transit.
- 8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. By participating into the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Administrator and their affiliates or related companies, advertising agencies, licensees, franchisees, partners, retailers, distributors and any other interveners related to the Contest and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, cause of action, or liability, including, without limitation, any injury, death or damage to or loss of property, resulting from the participation in the Contest or misuse of any Prize.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Releasees shall not be liable for any: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants; or an error related to the programming of the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, such as in particular, hardware or software errors; faulty computer; any malfunctions, inaccessibility of the Contest Website in whole or in part for any reason; service interruptions or disconnections of Internet networks, telephone lines; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; (3) unauthorized human intervention at any stage of the Contest entry process or participation; (4) technical or human errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest or in the processing of Entries; or (5) any harm or prejudice suffered by persons, or any material damages resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use, implementation or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason, it is confirmed that an entrant’s Entry was deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted by error, the only remedy, which the entrant is entitled to, is requesting to obtain another Entry to the Contest, if possible.
- 9. PRIVACY. The Sponsor the Administrator and their authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide at the time of Entry to the Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest and Prize fulfillment. Winners consent to the Sponsor’s and the Administrator’s use of their names, photographs, cities, voices, images and/or statements, related to their Prize for publicity purposes in any manner or media including the Internet, at any time, in perpetuity, without compensation or notice.
The opportunity to receive other communications about the Sponsor’s products, contests and other promotional offers may be provided by the Sponsor.
- 10. RIGHT TO MODIFY / SUSPEND / TERMINATE. The Sponsor, the Administrator and their authorized agents reserve the right, in their sole discretion, and without notice to cancel, suspend, or modify the Contest, in all or in parts, or entrants’ eligibility for any reason, including without limitation in the event of any printing, administrative error, virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention, tampering, fraud, equipment failure, security breaches or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest.
- 11. GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Sponsor and the Administrator reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify from this Contest any person that the Sponsor and the Administrator reasonably believe has tempered or attempted to temper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website, who does not comply with these Rules or acts in a manner that goes against the spirit of the Contest or adversely or with the intent to disturb, insult, threaten, intimidate or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST PLATFORM/APPLICATION (OR A WEBSITE LINKED THERETO) OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS AND THE ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All decisions rendered by the Sponsor and/or the Administrator regarding any aspects of the Contest are final. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. These Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada, as applicable therein, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Rules shall be resolved individually, and exclusively by the courts in Toronto, Ontario. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision contained herein. If any provision of these Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. The paragraph headings are used for reference purposes only and shall not affect the interpretation of the Rules.
For further Contest details or inquiries contact a promotional representative at:
Circle K’s “Win Fuel” Contest c/o 612 Creative
#204 – 768 Columbia Street
New Westminster, British Columbia V3M 1B4
Attention: Contest Entries
All trademarks and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Mac’s Convenience Stores Inc. – 305 Milner Avenue, Suite 400, Toronto, ON M1B 3V4 CANADA
Couche-Tard Inc. - 4204 boulevard Industriel, Laval (Québec) H7L 0E3 CANADA